Any group that wishes to apply to the Rotary Club of Charleston Breakfast for a Grant shall fill out the Application Form , with a deadline of March 30, for distribution after June 1 . Generally, grant applications should be between $500 and $1500. All groups must be certified by the IRS as a 501(c)3 organization. If approved, all funds will be distributed from the Rotary Club of Charleston Breakfast Endowment Fund at the Coastal Community Foundation. To download the grant application, click HERE.
The Grants committee will use the following to evaluate proposals:
Six Areas of Focus of Rotary International
- Peace & Conflict Resolution, Disease Prevention & Treatment, Clean Water & Sanitation, Maternal and Child Health, Basic Education & Literacy, and Community Development.
- Strong leadership of the non-profit with sound financials- a 501(c)3 of the Code
- Opportunities for Rotary Club members to volunteer
- What percentage of donations go to programs vs. administration?
- Has the Rotary Club of Charleston Breakfast donated to this organization before? A balance of grants should be given to groups that have been traditionally supported by the club and also to new groups that need assistance.
- Is a Rotarian actively requesting support and/or is involved in the organization?
The following organizations, while worthwhile, are not part of our grants process: Denominational Religious support, Fraternal, Social, or Labor organizations, Political organizations, Individuals or organizations to help individuals.
If you have any questions, please contact Grants Committee Chair, Dale Poulnot, at email@example.com or Executive Secretary, Carroll Schweers at firstname.lastname@example.org.